Assigning a device to a user is a mandatory component of the service. It allows an Administrator or Monitor to track who is assigned to a device, view specific details related to that user such as full name, a personalized photo, citizenship, emergency contacts, address and phone number. The user information is also included when notifying GEOS or self-monitored escalation contacts in the event of an emergency, overdue check-in or man-down event, if configured.
Any time a device is added to the Account Management section, it is mandatory to specify or create an assigned user. Additional users which do not require a device can be added from the Options followed by Users menu.
Note: The device tile is a quick way to reference if a device has an assigned user. The device tile will display the Device Friendly Name (first line), Assigned User (second line), and Device Type (third line) as indicated in the image of step 1. Devices which do not have assigned users will appear as "No Assigned User" on the second line or will only display two lines, the Device Friendly Name, and the Device Type.
Follow the instructions below for assistance on how to assign a user to a device.
1. Start by selecting a device from the device list on the Devices tab.
2. Once you've selected a device, the device page will be displayed. In this example, we've selected Lu`s Extreme which does not have an assigned user.
3. Select Configure and you will be presented with the device configuration page.
4. Select Device Details followed by the desired user from the Assigned User drop down.
5. Press OK to save your change and the device will now be assigned to the selected user.