Iridium rental, postpaid, and prepaid customers can place a test free call free of charge. Testing your handset before travel, or periodically while stowed away is highly recommended to ensure your handset is fully operational when you need it. For those that don't use the handset often or for extended periods of time, it's recommended that your stow the handset at room temperature, away from cold, humidity and direct sunlight. It's good practice to power on your handset and fully charge the battery at least every 1-2 months.
Placing a test call is simple and once connected, you'll receive an automated greeting stating your test call is successful.
Follow the instructions or watch the video below on how to place a test call.
1. Take your handset outside.
2. Press and hold the power button to power on your handset.
3. Extend your antenna and ensure you have a clear line of sight to the sky, preferably away from any large obstructions or heavy canopy.
4. Wait for the handset to display "Registered". A green LED indicator will also be displayed indicating you have signal.
5. Dial +1-480-752-5105 (press and hold 0 to obtain +) or dial 00-1-480-752-5105.
6. Press the Green button to initiate the call.
7. If your call is successful, you'll hear an automated greeting stating your call has been successfully connected.