Follow the steps below if you are unable to receive emails and the Iridium Mail & Web App does not progress beyond “incoming file size is XXXX” in the Mail Server Connection dialogue box.
Note: Please ensure your mobile device is connected to the Iridium GO! Wi-Fi network.
Solution 1: Diagnose the connection issue
- Launch the Iridum Mail & Web App.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Set Dianostics to ON.
- Navigate to the Mail screen.
- Select Send/Receive Email.
- Press Send/Receive Email at the top of the screen.
- If connection log displays “Failed to read data from the device while getting file, disconnecting” please proceed to Solution 2.
Solution 2: Restore Iridium GO! to factory settings
- Power ON the Iridium GO!
- Press and hold the reset button until “Reset to factory defaults?” appears on the display. The reset button is located in the external antenna compartment beneath the antenna.
- Select the Yes soft-key, your Iridium GO! will reset to factory settings and power cycle.
- Reconnect your mobile device to your Iridum GO! Wi-Fi network.
- Repeat steps 4-6 from Solution 1 and you should now be able to receive your emails successfully. Previously sent emails that failed to download may need to be resent.
Note: Since your device has been reset to factory settings you will need to reapply any settings you made to the device including the Wi-Fi network password.